The End of the World?

What with all the hoopla about the end of the world, I've gotten side-tracked on facebook today and have very little time left to blog!  There were a few posts that I just had to comment on, and a few links that I had to look up!  What can I say?  I'm easily distracted...

So... now there is only about an hour and a half to go, at least here in the Central time zone.  This won't even give my readers enough time to read and comment on my blog...oh boy...my bad!



Whew...I'm so glad to know that most of the people I know don't get sucked into this garbage.  It's actually kind of sad when you realize how many people do though.  I was looking online at a site called International Business Times at an article called, "Doomsday: Is it May 21, 2011?"  And they did a poll asking that very question.  The multiple choice answers were: Yes / Maybe /No / It's December 21, 2012.  I could not believe the results!!

3.17% said YES    (580 votes)
8.97% said Maybe (1,544votes)
78.26% said No     (14,338votes)
9.61% said it's 12-21-12 (1,760votes)
The total number of voters at this point in time were: 18,322.


 And I cannot believe that someone actually paid to put signs up like the one above!  Those billboards are not cheap either!

I'm glad to see that the majority do not believe this nonsense, but seriously?  There are 3,884 people who actually believe that someone can predict this date!?!  And that was just this one poll...Wow.  It's so true about people being exactly like sheep.  It doesn't take much to lead them around, even when the scenario is completely ridiculous.

I won't go into great detail as to why I personally do not believe this junk, but in all seriousness, I do believe there will come a time when this earth will end. (at least in the way we know it now) And I also believe that some day the Lord will return for His people.  But please, I beg of you, do not throw me into the same category with these idiotic sheep-like people who follow those who are blatantly in error...please!  If they took the time to read their Bibles, they'd know the truth.



The ancient Mayans supposedly predicted the end of the world too.  They did build some pretty cool cities and buildings for their time.  But just because their calendar ended in December of 2012 doesn't necessarily mean the world has to come to an end then either. There could be any number of reasons why they did not continue the calendar beyond December of 2012.  If you scroll down past this beautiful picture of a Mayan ruin, you'll see what I think actually did happen!









  And that's all I have to say on this subject.


 Thanks for reading...and I'll see you next week!

7 comments:

  1. agreed !!! and VERY funny Mayan cartoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One would have to be pretty self=important....or in dire need of attention.... to predict the end of the world, and then publicize it and try to convince others, but it seems every decade or so, someone does. Aren't we all funny?
    And I love the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, Soozie and Mom! I loved that cartoon too!
    The guy that predicted the end (can't think of his name) is nowhere to be found...how convenient...
    This was not his first attempt either...he said the same thing back in 94. OY

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm the predictor has " *poofed* into thin air? Maybe he was in fact predicting his own demise?? I'm bummed...the world can end any day now for me...grrr not feeling so good mama! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read an article about the "predictor". He is shocked to still be here!

    Brandi, why are you back to signing in as anonymous? I thought you figured this out??
    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is HILARIOUS! I have to say, I didn't even flinch on May 21st. There is no way we are going to know the world is going to end until the moment it happens. I like it better that way. It forces us to live honest lives. If we all knew we were going to die soon anyway there would be so many murders, robberies, rapes, etc going on. Why live a honest life anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right, Nova...no one knows the day nor the hour... :)

    ReplyDelete

Click above to leave a comment!

Click above to leave a comment!

Contact form for Questions!

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe to Sharon Ricklin Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Daily Writing Tips



________________
Add this to your site

Book One is Free Here too!

The entire book is Free and Available in several formats!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'm a Member of

And:

Check Out My Pinterest!

Follow me on Instagram!

Subscribe Here for Updates

Followers

Waukesha Today