DON'T BLINK!



I miss Doctor Who!  I can't wait for the next season to start.  For those of you who are clueless, Doctor Who is a BBC television show that's been around (on and off) since 1963.  The Doctor is from the planet of Gallifrey.  He's a Time Lord who travels throughout the universe anywhere and any time.  He is sort of immortal: instead of staying dead, he regenerates into another body. There have been 11 doctors so far, and I started seriously watching the show a few years ago with the 9th Doctor. (Christopher Eccleston)

It's one of those shows that keep me wanting more, even though many of the episodes are sort of corny. (Some of the creatures from other planets are any way.)  But I love the background stories; how the Doctor gets along with his companion(s), how he loves the human race -even though we are bent on destruction, and I love the crazy way he works through problems.  I also love how I can get so lost in each episode, thinking all the problems are solved, only to find out in another episode months later, there was/is a connection, and something that happened back then, now means far more than we all thought it meant! (You'd have to see a whole season to understand)  I am very impressed with the writers of Doctor Who.  Their imaginations are wild, sometimes serious, sometimes funny, and sometimes downright heart-breaking.  


One of my favorites (and possibly the scariest)  Doctor Who episode is Blink. I've seen it several times, and keep it recorded on my DVR, in case I need a quick dose of the Doctor. (My favorite Doctor is/was David Tennant: the 10th Doctor) 


            

This clip has David Tennant as the Doctor:


Watch the video to the end if you'd like a good dose of goosebumps! 


 The small writing in the picture says:
 He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time...
 And he's  wonderful!








And for you wimps out there who refused to watch the video... this is what Sally Sparrow sees:

There's nothing worse than a bunch of statues that come alive and suck the life right out of you!


Even though I loved David Tennant, I'm quickly growing fond of Matt Smith, (the 11th Doctor) and I absolutely loved the episode called The Big Bang.  But all of his time travel escapades were so much fun!  This clip is with Matt Smith and is the Top 11 Cool things about time travel. 






I certainly wouldn't mind owning a Tardis of my own... 


For those of you who are not Whovians at heart, a Tardis is the blue police box that the Doctor uses for time travel.  It stands for: Time And Relative Dimensions In Space.  Oh, and it's HUGE on the inside...seriously huge. 


Any other Whovians out there?  Which Doctor is your favorite?  Which episode scared you the most?  Which episode/season is your favorite? 




Have a great week!


12 comments:

  1. I am a huge Doctor fan and am secretly (or not so secretly) in love with Tennant. oh yum

    Blink was one of the best episodes ever, I also the love the episode with Matt Smith and the Angles with Amy and River. Classic!

    I can't wait for the new series to start, I am going through major withdrawals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! The weeping angels in the caves!

    I've already got my DVR set up to record all the new episodes....can't miss one that way!

    Thanks for commenting, Felicia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a Doctor fanatic as such, but I'll certainly watch with the family. I'm of that generation that remembers cowering in terror behind the sofa when the Daleks first roamed...!

    Greetings from a fellow Author Karma blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, Deborah!

    Out of all the "monsters" on Doctor Who, I think I dislike the Daleks the most! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want to tell you we think the name of your blog is so clever! One of those "wish WE would have thought of that!" Glad someone did (and someone from Wisconsin, at that!)

    Roz and Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roz and Patty,

    Thanks for the comment and the compliment! I'm so glad I thought of this name too!! It happens so often that I see something, or read something and think, "Dang, why didn't I think of that?" Finally, I did! haha Now, if I ever get back to my time-travel book, I'm hoping I come up with one of those "gotcha" moments!!

    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids and I are huge Doctor Who fans - I actually mentioned David Tennant in my own blog a few days ago! I've begun showing the boys the old classic episodes as well, but we're all definitely in Ten's camp. "Blink" is an amazing episode. I have to agree that I feel envious of Russell T. Davis's talent in weaving the strands of ongoing plots through the episodes, especially considering that the episodes are written by so many different writers. Enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Elizabeth! I've read (and now followed) your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen one episode of Doctor Who, it seemed like a nerdy guy with not much appeal but thanks to you I'll be watching. Seriously creepy that clip was. It made me scream! Hahaha! So much fun in a few minutes. I can't wait to see the whole show. Thanks for this and good luck. I was the 100th follower indeed, do I get a nice bouquet?? LOL.

    Take care.
    From Diary of a Writer in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gina!
    Thanks for following! I hope you like Doctor Who...(I think you will) Like I said above, some of them are a tad corny...but the stories are always worthwhile.

    You can get caught up with old seasons on Netflix - that's how I did it!

    Oh, and for being my 100th follower I'll send you a bouquet on one of your social network sites~ (I followed your blog too) :)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!! I am hooked on the Doctor. I didn't think anyone could replace Tennant, but I've gotten pretty attached to Smith and now I can't decide whom I like better, but possibly Smith. I like the writing of the show better since he started (Tennant's Doctor was always so invincible and infallible, and Smith has a vulnerability that makes him somehow more appealing. Plus he's crazy hot. ;)) I have such a hard time picking a favorite episode. "Blink" was very well done, but I don't enjoy it as much due to the fact that the main characters are hardly in the episode at all, and it takes a while to get attached to new characters. I like "The Big Bang" as well, and "Let's Kill Hitler" which is fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm bringing you some Author Karma from Novel Publicity and giving your blog a FOLLOW :) You can visit me here: http://www.josepheastwood.com/ ♥ HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

    ReplyDelete

Click above to leave a comment!

Click above to leave a comment!

Contact form for Questions!

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe to Sharon Ricklin Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Daily Writing Tips



________________
Add this to your site

Book One is Free Here too!

The entire book is Free and Available in several formats!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'm a Member of

And:

Check Out My Pinterest!

Follow me on Instagram!

Subscribe Here for Updates

Followers

Waukesha Today