Cutting and Pasting

Yes, I'm still here...did ya



My last post was way back in March, around the 15th I think.  And the one prior to that was the one about cutting my book down.  Thanks for your comments, by the way.  I've taken everyone's feedback into consideration, (including loads of writing blogs with advice on this subject), and I found that more people advised that less is more for a first novel.  And...wait for it....wait for it...
I have finally finished "cutting...and pasting"!!  No easy task, I might add...

I just hope I've done the right thing here.  After moving chapters around, tons of editing and re-editing, I've taken what was over 215,000 words and I now have three much shorter books.  (Yes, I am still working on what used to be the sequel, and I guess it is now the 4th and last book)  In this 4th book, I already have over 43,000 words...

I'm still hoping this isn't going to be the final outcome:



I know, I've used this picture before, but every time I see it I die laughing... :)

So, after all this intensive labor, Book One now stands at 84,069 words,
Book Two is 64,823, and Book Three is 66,221.

Another thing I'm working on:  The Title (s).  I'm thinking, perhaps Ravenswynd plus another word or two.  I just don't want it to sound too corny or clichĂ©.

I would  ♥ love ♥ some input here...(pretty please)

1. Ravenswynd - Legends Realized
2. Ravenswynd - Dreams Remembered
3. Ravenswynd - Prophesies Rendered
4. Ravenswynd - Secrets Revealed



One of these days I must write my dreaded


And my query letters!!








Am I the only writer who shivers at that thought?  Wish me luck...

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click above to leave a comment!

Click above to leave a comment!

Contact form for Questions!

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe to Sharon Ricklin Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Daily Writing Tips



________________
Add this to your site

Book One is Free Here too!

The entire book is Free and Available in several formats!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'm a Member of

And:

Check Out My Pinterest!

Follow me on Instagram!

Subscribe Here for Updates

Followers

Waukesha Today