Post Your Pages!


I was just perusing my old posts, checking out which ones generated the most comments, which ones got the most "hits" or "page views", which ones seemed entertaining enough to even generate any interaction at all.  It seems to me that more comments are generated when I ask the reader (you) to post something that you've written...and they were great fun to read too!

 First Sentence Saturday got 29 comments and 126 page views:
 http://color-me-read.blogspot.com/2011/04/first-sentence-saturday.html

 First Paragraph Saturday got 11 comments: (can't find the page views)
 http://color-me-read.blogspot.com/2011/05/first-paragraph-saturday.html




Interestingly enough, my post with the most page-views of all time (since I started blogging last February) was one I did in March, regarding my son- titled Color Me Bluehttp://color-me-read.blogspot.com/2011/03/color-me-blue.html 
It amazes me to see those statistics, and lately I've noticed there have been quite a few new "views" of that post again.  As of right now, there are 26 comments, which in and of itself is not that great a number, but the "page-hits" are a whopping 1182.  That blows my mind.  I did not write it to get comments, nor to get hits, but somehow it is my most popular post.

* * * * * * * 

Anyway, it was interesting to see which posts generated the most traffic, and which generated the most comments.  Needless to say, since I am still so engrossed in the editing mode, it's been difficult to come up with any clever blogs lately.  So, while perusing my old posts, I thought of an idea...


                                                                 


Most of my writer friends have blogs, and/or Writer/Fan Pages on Facebook.  How about posting a link here to either your Blog, or your Page, and see if you can
generate more "Likes" or "Followers"


Let me know how it works out for you!



 Here is my Writer Page on Face Book:  Writer Page  (Sharon Jones, Writer)  
 I promise to follow/Like anyone who posts their links here, and perhaps everyone
 reading this post can do the same.
 Come back often to see if there are new links!  

 And, thanks!


 Happy Writing!

10 comments:

  1. I am still trying to figure out the whole social media scene.. I keep asking my kids what does like mean on FB and they are not giving me information...guess they don't want me too involved!! So I think I am going to continue to avoid the tweeter, FB, google connect stuff all together! good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon - The feeling I get is that people are more likely to respond to anything OPENLY emotional, than to opinions, observations, or even humor. Perhaps there are more open hearts than open minds?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this, Sharon!
    My blog is at www.jodykihara.com/blog
    And I will follow yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments momto8, Barbara (mom) and Jody. I'm heading over to your blog right now Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Sharon! My official Facebook page is www.facebook.com/Author.JessicaMcHugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good idea.. My writer page is
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rachael-Soderstrom-Writer/242824722408277
    :D Hopefully anyone else would take a look... my blog too! (With an excerpt from my book, Falling Nightmare)
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rachael-Soderstrom-Writer/242824722408277
    Thanks Grams! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome~ Already following Jessica and Rachael...hope we get more followers and likes fellow writers!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. And here is Jessica's Blog!

    http://mcnito.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea.

    I'm confused ... shall I tell you about my Blog? (The link is on my name). Or my website? The link is www.holyvisions.co.uk

    Let me think about this ....

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my blog is short short fiction posted biweekly. outsidergirlswrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Click above to leave a comment!

Click above to leave a comment!

Contact form for Questions!

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe to Sharon Ricklin Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Daily Writing Tips



________________
Add this to your site

Book One is Free Here too!

The entire book is Free and Available in several formats!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'm a Member of

And:

Check Out My Pinterest!

Follow me on Instagram!

Subscribe Here for Updates

Followers

Waukesha Today