Mystery of the missing photos.



How do you like the new look of my blog?  There were several reasons why I had to change it, yet again.

I read Anne R. Allen's Blog earlier tonight and it was all about the do's and don'ts of blogging. (You should read it if you're a blogger; it was really good!)

One of her suggestions was that we should never have a dark background with light text,    ...which was exactly what I had.  :(   
Anne says it's harder to read, especially for some of the older folks.

So as I'm checking out my last blog post to see how hard it is to read, I find 5 of my pictures are missing! Instead of the photos I had; there were big black squares with a minus sign inside. Just like this: 


It took me a while to figure out why this happened, but I think I did.

Apparently, when you have your Google account linked with your phone (which I do) and then you use the photos you've taken with your phone (that are automatically saved on your Google+ profile) and use them within your blog...(which I did) and then sometime later you delete said photos, (which I did) they tend to disappear from the blog! Wow.

Why didn't I know that? And furthermore, why didn't someone tell us?

Anyway, the whole post looked really stupid with those missing photos...AND it WAS hard to read...so here we are...blogging after midnight, without any original ideas of my own to share.

Check out Anne's blog.  You'll be glad you did. 

Have a great week!






4 comments:

  1. Well, that was informative.. and helpful. Thanks, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout-out for my blogpost. And that is fascinating info about Google removing photos from your blog when they are removed from your phone. What a pain. Google is, unfortunately, Big Brother these days. They control so much of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Anne. My Google account is linked to EVERYthing!

      Delete

Click above to leave a comment!

Click above to leave a comment!

Contact form for Questions!

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe to Sharon Ricklin Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Daily Writing Tips



________________
Add this to your site

Book One is Free Here too!

The entire book is Free and Available in several formats!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'm a Member of

And:

Check Out My Pinterest!

Follow me on Instagram!

Subscribe Here for Updates

Followers

Waukesha Today