TWO SNEAK PEEKS!

Friends, family & followers...lend me your ears...
um, I mean your eyes.

In case you're wondering why I have not posted much lately, here are several excuses  reasons!

I've been busy:
marketing
writing
editing
more editing
more writing
editing a bit more
helping my mom 
grilling out
hanging with family
finishing up my next book
more grilling out (hey, summer is short!)
reading
catching up on Netflix series
and yet more editing...
and...
that brings us to my latest -
finding a Book Cover for my next time-travel novel!
YES, I found one!


Here is the first sneak peek I promised:




What do you think?

And here is the second sneak peek...
The first excerpt to ever leave the pages of my word document -
from chapter one of 


Garden of Time

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My death was quite a shock, especially to me. One minute I was there - everything went black - and then I was gone. Although... I’m not one hundred percent sure that I actually died. But if that’s what happened, I’m certainly much more content in death than I ever was in life. All I know for sure is that I’ve definitely departed from the life I once knew.
 * * *
   The strange, swirling, blackness wrapped itself around me in slow motion the way fog sluggishly envelops the landscape until it’s completely obscured from sight. Within this shadowy cocoon, silence echoed into my ears like a deep void; the absence of color or light – like glaring blindness.  Dense and thick, the darkness crushed into me on all sides making me feel flattened, microscopic, intangible. Inside of this vacuum came a vague sense of floating in slow motion like a four-dimensional cube, rotating and drifting in space. I felt nothing, saw nothing, heard nothing. Growing painfully aware of the abundance of nothingness – I came to the realization that I couldn’t breathe - but with my self-awareness quickly diminishing, it didn’t seem to matter.  
   Resigned to the inevitable, I closed my eyes, relinquishing everything.  I was adrift in a weightless, invisible, otherworldly realm, disembodied and devoid of any wants or cares, with no rational sense of time or space - free at last.  I’d completely embraced this state of nonexistence, when suddenly a loud and thunderous boom exploded into my eardrums.  At the exact same time, as if from a catapult, I was hurled forward like a rocket ship and, moments later, violently slammed to the ground – head first.  Immediately and with excruciating vengeance, the rest of my senses reverberated back like shock waves after an earthquake. My head felt like it was about to explode; the blood running through my veins - like fiery electrical currents shooting back and forth with razor-sharp, pointy needles.


   The next thing I heard was the rustle of footsteps rushing up behind me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Comments? Questions? 
Feel free to do either...

I'm hoping to get this one published within the next few months. I still have to do the formatting, write the dedication, acknowledgements, book blurb, and all that other fun stuff that goes into a book. Wish me luck!

And thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click above to leave a comment!

Click above to leave a comment!

Contact form for Questions!

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe to Sharon Ricklin Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Daily Writing Tips



________________
Add this to your site

Book One is Free Here too!

The entire book is Free and Available in several formats!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'm a Member of

And:

Check Out My Pinterest!

Follow me on Instagram!

Subscribe Here for Updates

Followers

Waukesha Today